For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Walking speed

Ask UnrealEd 1 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Walking speed

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Can anybody give me a tip about how/where walking is handled? I need to find out how to change the speed. All I know is that it's done with bRun.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Re: Walking speed

Post by .:..: »

It is all done in C++ codes only, you can't change the walking speed (it is toggled by Pawn.bIsWalking).
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Well that sux. So in that case, what IS the walking speed? The reason why I need to know this: I have some things that decrease GroundSpeed. And that can go down to 100, which is pretty much slower than walking, but that still plays the run animation for players. So what I want is when it reaches walking speed, it can't go below that and the player automatically goes into walking mode, as if he pressed shift.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

It is GroundSpeed*0.3
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Sweet, I'll try that out tommorrow. Thanks!

Return to “UnrealEd, the editor for Unreal up to version  226”