For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Bot orders? Patroling, Ambushing... etc?

Ask UnrealEd 2 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
Veil Morren
OldUnreal Member

Bot orders? Patroling, Ambushing... etc?

Post by Veil Morren »

Not sure if you guys noticed, probably yes, i hope [smiley=undecided.gif], on Unreal Editor 1, not patched, Bots had a property of "Order" under "Orders", where if the input was correct the bot would execute that order. After being patched by recent versions, the "Order" is removed. And it kinda sucks because most of my maps are Human complexes such as Laboratories, Space Stations, even a fricking' Bar somewhere on Earth!

It's like telling a SkaarjTrooper to patrol ("Patroling") a few patrolpoints, but instead, we'd order a Maletwobot to start patroling or hold it's position with "Ambushing" (if "OrderTag" is blank).

I'm asking for a script that enables the possibility of ordering bots again, for Unreal Editor 2.0 . Also, i don't know what's the script's language of programming, is it C++? If not, which one is it? Out of curiosity.

[smiley=dankk2.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
- Bertrand Russell
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Bot orders? Patroling, Ambushing... etc?

Post by gopostal »

It's all done in UScript.

I don't think many people really get into the intricacies of bot AI. I know Higor understands that quite well. He even scripted his own bot classes and they can do some amazing things. You might message him here or at ut99.org and explain what you want. He's given to very detailed explanations with examples and help for you to follow.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Veil Morren
OldUnreal Member

Post by Veil Morren »

Thanks for the reply, gopostal. I'm familiar with C# and some things i could understand, some i couldn't. But i find it interesting. And thanks again, i might do that.  [smiley=thumbup.gif]  :)
Last edited by Veil Morren on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
- Bertrand Russell
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

I'm just the opposite of you. I'm learning C now but have history in UScript for a long time. I think you'll find the learning curve to not be as steep as you think.

If it's something you might want to try your hand at I'd be happy to meet you in a TS and answer questions you might have. We can always use another coder if it's something that intrigues you.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

Return to “UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament”