For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

attached movers

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
MrC

attached movers

Post by MrC »

i am working on a map and for some reason, without a game mod for example the mover and attached lights work.
but with jcoopz / prototype, the light does not work.
any ideas?
Krull0r
Global Moderator

Re: attached movers

Post by Krull0r »

Sry no idea. But you can try one thing.

Select your attached light in the editor. Move it one unit and back and save your map without rebuilding lights.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

jcoopz and a jcoopz... prototype? or is there another gametype called "prototype"
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

prototype?"
aka "ugoldmp"
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

So when this issue occurs, you're only running the gametype(s) and no mutators, etc? offline testing?
MrC

Post by MrC »

yes, seems to work in normal coop
MrC

Post by MrC »

figured out a way to do it.
seems normal lights wont work, instead flashlightbeam does work with
movers.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

If you're really running no mutators and just those, makes me wonder..

my first thought was some insanity with dzmapm since jcoopz internally runs something similar iirc
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Post by Masterkent »

Lights whose bNoDelete is true or bStatic is true determine the static lighting on the map and are not supposed to move in the first place. Comparing different Coop game types doesn't make any sense here, because when such lights are dynamically moved to other place, a sane behavior is not guaranteed even in a single-player game. Setting both bNoDelete and bStatic to false for an actor whose type is Engine.Light won't let it reliably appear on clients in network game, because a client can remove it and won't be able to spawn again due to default.bStatic being true. A movable light must have bStatic and bNoDelete set to false and be of class type whose defaults for bStatic and bNoDelete are set to false.
MrC

Post by MrC »

that makes sense what you mentioned mk. the defaults for the regular lights are set to true. the flashlightbeam defaults are set to false, so that
explains why it works. i was just following the tutorials from
TheCompleteUnrealEdReferenceGuide.chm ... sorry for my mistake of not knowing this and sorry for bringing up jcoopz or prototype.

Return to “Usermaps”