For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

TSB-Prison BETA

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
Spazzpez
OldUnreal Member

TSB-Prison BETA

Post by Spazzpez »

time for testers!! :D

The acclaimed TSB-Prison map is out for the beta testing. I need some input, and some ideas! :D Much appreciated!

EDIT: THIS IS THE RPG STYLE VERSION!

[url]http://www.freewebs.com/spazzpez/map.zip[/url]

EDIT: RIGHT CLICK - Save Target As!
Last edited by Spazzpez on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Da_Milk_Man
OldUnreal Member

Re: TSB-Prison BETA

Post by Da_Milk_Man »

This map is so radiant of effort. The lighting is just right. Terrific shadow casting. Such attention to detail, from vents to ambient effects, even to that lovable 'elevator tracker' at the start that showed the location and/or use of the lift. The first large lift to get you down to the prison had amazing light casted onto it. I'm without anymore words. You can make any mapper jealous and envious. I'm sure you may even get contacted for a job. I could not find any flaws. I just want to know how long this wonder may have taken. ;)

...wowzer...
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

LOL my graphics card while playing through it: "0&0=1?"
Spazzpez
OldUnreal Member

Post by Spazzpez »

get a new one :D
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

get a new one :D
I got my laptop 4 months ago. :\
Spazzpez
OldUnreal Member

Post by Spazzpez »

@ milk: the map took a good bit of 2 solid weeks spread over about a month
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

I tried it. It's more an alpha map than a beta. A few things :

- In most cases, I couldn't tell where I was going, where I had already been and where it would stop : a lot of places are just copy/paste of the first section, with the same disposition, so it's not easy to keep track of places you've been and places you've not been to.

-I managed to get trapped in one of the cells. You need a trigger that would re-open the door of a cell from the inside when the player is detected (TT_playerproximity IIRC)

-For now, it's just a bunch of rooms, so I can't really judge what is going on. I hope to see a lot of storyline things and such

-A lot of little corridors are absolutely great from a visual point of view : loads of details, little wires, vents, pipes, hooks etc... Very interesting geometry, congratulation

-However, a lot of these corridors have lighting much too bright, resulting in white circles on the ground, which is their only problem.

-I died when reaching the big fog ball at the end of the extrem-left of the map :D
You must construct additional pylons.
Spazzpez
OldUnreal Member

Post by Spazzpez »

I tried it. It's more an alpha map than a beta. A few things :

- In most cases, I couldn't tell where I was going, where I had already been and where it would stop : a lot of places are just copy/paste of the first section, with the same disposition, so it's not easy to keep track of places you've been and places you've not been to.

-I managed to get trapped in one of the cells. You need a trigger that would re-open the door of a cell from the inside when the player is detected (TT_playerproximity IIRC)

-For now, it's just a bunch of rooms, so I can't really judge what is going on. I hope to see a lot of storyline things and such

-A lot of little corridors are absolutely great from a visual point of view : loads of details, little wires, vents, pipes, hooks etc... Very interesting geometry, congratulation

-However, a lot of these corridors have lighting much too bright, resulting in white circles on the ground, which is their only problem.

-I died when reaching the big fog ball at the end of the extrem-left of the map :D

Let me point out a few things, not to be rude or anything, but it IS a beta, and the fog ball is SUPPOSED to kill you, its the energy ball.. the cells dont open from the inside because this is an RPG map, the prison guards open the cells.. MORE REALISTIC. and the bright lighting is also meant to be there, its brighter than the ambient lighting so it shows where the light source is. There will be NO STORYLINE because it is meant for an RPG stylee gameplay, NOT single player.. (not yet at least).. And tell me, have you every walked into a building and see the same hallways... thats what this is.

Please, if your going to wwrite a review, make a legitimate statement of a problem....
PRIMEVAL
OldUnreal Member

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Very nice, I like it.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Let me point out a few things, not to be rude or anything, but it IS a beta, and the fog ball is SUPPOSED to kill you, its the energy ball.. the cells dont open from the inside because this is an RPG map, the prison guards open the cells.. MORE REALISTIC. and the bright lighting is also meant to be there, its brighter than the ambient lighting so it shows where the light source is. There will be NO STORYLINE because it is meant for an RPG stylee gameplay, NOT single player.. (not yet at least).. And tell me, have you every walked into a building and see the same hallways... thats what this is.

Please, if your going to wwrite a review, make a legitimate statement of a problem....
Blargh, I guess I didn't understood what it was supposed to be :-/
Hum... then, I don't see what it is actually... Help ? :-?

EDIT : Hum, as for the lighting, It really makes a few ugly artifacts at some points...
Last edited by Hellkeeper on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You must construct additional pylons.
Spazzpez
OldUnreal Member

Post by Spazzpez »

Blargh, I guess I didn't understood what it was supposed to be :-/
Hum... then, I don't see what it is actually... Help ? :-?

EDIT : Hum, as for the lighting, It really makes a few ugly artifacts at some points...
I've noticed, the lighting engine seems to sort of.. overdo itself :P but usually It can be fixed by another rebuild, moving some things around, that kinda stuff.. so *hopefully* it will be non-existant in the next release.. i hope..
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Blargh, I guess I didn't understood what it was supposed to be Undecided
Hum... then, I don't see what it is actually... Help ? Huh
The map, like TSB Base, is supposed to be more of a loungemap (if you can call it that) than a 'move from a to b killing everything until you find the exit' coop or single player map.

Ehhh?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/Kajgue/SkaarjStructurewth.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/Kajgue/Guarrison.jpg[/img]

Rahun, I don't mind you using some parts from TSB Base, but this structure was created for The Sundered Realms, if that's what it was based off of?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/Kajgue/TSB-corridor1.png[/img]

I don't remember if I allowed you to use this corridor, or did I? I don't know whether I have forgotten due to my amnesia or not. If I did, then nevermind, my mistake.

I do like the map, although I think that some of the places need more shape, diversity and more meat; otherwise they look too much like cube rooms.

I also think you should add alot more to the map, such as more levels with different styles of area with the layout of the whole place, structured into each other. And maybe the cellblock areas should look more like the base layout I drew for you?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/Kajgue/Cellblock.jpg[/img]

Or something like that, with a wider width and with a good prison environment.

(You don't have to, it's up to you.)

And perhaps, since this is a TSB themed map, then more in the style of TSB?

In other news, the TSB website will be up soon for you to use, Rahun.
Last edited by Kajgue on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Dozey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dozey »

time for testers!! :D

The acclaimed TSB-Prison map is out for the beta testing. I need some input, and some ideas! :D Much appreciated!

EDIT: THIS IS THE RPG STYLE VERSION!

[url]http://www.freewebs.com/spazzpez/map.zip[/url]

EDIT: RIGHT CLICK - Save Target As!

ehh. link broken. :-/

when saving like you sayd i've got a fatal error that shows me the rar/zip is corrupted

Last edited by Dozey on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

ehh. link broken. :-/

when saving like you sayd i've got a fatal error that shows me the rar/zip is corrupted
For some reason, when I tried this with firefox I got the same thing, but it worked for me on IE.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Can anyone reupload? Thanks in advance.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Still waitin' for a link! :3

Return to “Usermaps”