For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

help!

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
erock1971

help!

Post by erock1971 »

I had to reformat so I instaled xp and ^%^%(*&% i get 30 fps! used to get 140 i am running 2.2 athlon g3 ti 226 patch.... please tell me theres a patch or somthing for windows xp or mabee thats not the problem? thnx for your help
erock1971

Re: help!

Post by erock1971 »

ps i forgot to tell you it is unreal not ut and not the gold version tnx
Kerilkkorn
OldUnreal Member

Post by Kerilkkorn »

Post your spec, but XP should not cause a problem.....
War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left...
OF_Gort
OldUnreal Member

Post by OF_Gort »

Hi Erock! XP (or maybe the ATI drivers) causes some funny things to happen to FPS. I'm running with an AMD 1800 (MSI board) 512ram and a Radeon 9000....latest everything...except the sp1 for XP...ugh...after a boot FPS is fine...but half an hour later it has dropped by half....tweaked myself silly but haven't found the problem yet...going to setup a dual boot on another HD with 98 and compare.

Also wanted to mention, when I use D3D, it takes 1 minute for Unreal to come up...weird cause OpenGL comes up normally (~3 seconds)
Last edited by OF_Gort on Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”