For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

A new CTF-Face trick

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

mr9000

A new CTF-Face trick

Post by mr9000 »

I've not seen anyone else do this type of piston trick yet in CTF-Face in all the years I used to play this game. so I've uploaded some UT demos to show off a new trick you can do in CTF-Face to cap the flag as fast as can be. This trick can actually be faster than deemer launching from the bottom if you do it right.

My record for deemer launching was 9.8 seconds. My record cap is now 9.2.

Here are the demos I've taken, one for now until I find the other one.

http://megaupload.com/?d=HFM40UXH

It takes some time to get it just right, without getting stuck there, but once you got it it's pretty easy to do it consecutively.
Madis
OldUnreal Member

Re: A new CTF-Face trick

Post by Madis »

what about a youtube upload?
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

That's a demo, it can't be uploaded, but he could make a vid out of it and upload.
I never understood redeemer jumps... I mean, you get killed when you fire it, what jumps if you're dead?
Krokus
OldUnreal Member

Post by Krokus »

I don't know how too.
If im short on health I blow myself up and send the flag flying to my base hehe. (With redeemer.)
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

As for hosting files, i always would recommend FileFront. Its absolute free, no login crap, or password crap, 1 gig upload per file. They only run oné add per 50 or 100 clicks, and even the add always has a skip button on top of (which does actually work). Did i mention super duper fast downloadspeeds ?

FileFront is super decent without any hasle :)

And for movies, i guess indeed YouTube is the place :)
Last edited by DieHard SCWS on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Wouldn't agree... FileFront loads slowly as a snail for me. And YouTube has bad quality, there are a lot more better services than YouTube, just that it's the most popular somehow. I prefer Google Vids as I have a GMail account, but there are more you could find that gives you better quality and lets you upload more.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”