For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Weapon probs

Anything related to the Infiltration-Mod
ClAsSiFiEd
OldUnreal Member

Weapon probs

Post by ClAsSiFiEd »

I'm having problems with the weapans. When I pick up an automatic weapon, it has 0/30 as its ammo and it wont reload. Can anyone help me?[glb]TEXT[/glb]
If you realize you've just been shot in the head and came back to life... It's probably Unreal!
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Re: Weapon probs

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Please read the readme / manual accompaning the Infiltration mod, all is explained in it.

@Hyper: Well now, wasn't I nice this time? :-P
Last edited by TCP_Wolf on Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

RTFM OMG LEEEEEEEEET WOOOOOT!
As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Please read the readme / manual accompaning the Infiltration mod, all is explained in it.

@Hyper: Well now, wasn't I nice this time? :-P
;D Image
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
ClAsSiFiEd
OldUnreal Member

Post by ClAsSiFiEd »

[glb][glow=red,2,300] I didnt get a readme[/glb]
If you realize you've just been shot in the head and came back to life... It's probably Unreal!
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

[glb][glow=red,2,300] I didnt get a readme[/glb]
That's even worse because that means you never downloaded the mod at all (except when joining a server).

SHAME!! Go to the DOWNLOAD -> MOD section of oldunreal (that's the site you are currently on and the navigation link is provided on the left side of the screen) and get it then.  ;)
Last edited by TCP_Wolf on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
ClAsSiFiEd
OldUnreal Member

Post by ClAsSiFiEd »

That's even worse because that means you never downloaded the mod at all (except when joining a server).

SHAME!! Go to the DOWNLOAD -> MOD section of oldunreal (that's the site you are currently on and the navigation link is provided on the left side of the screen) and get it then.  ;)
I'm not stupid. I downloaded it and installed it once and tried getting it again but that didnt work >:(
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

Yea, Wolf, now you over-explained it, made it a too user-friendly reply...You never get it right...Tee hee....
As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Yea, Wolf, now you over-explained it, made it a too user-friendly reply...You never get it right...Tee hee....
Ya I'm giving up... from now, I will just tell Hyper to reply to all questions regarding "how do I..."  :P

*edit*

I know my reply my condescending, and I am partly sorry about that. But I am really tired of people who just ask questions without manuals, faqs and do NOT use the search function of forums (yes, whatever question you have, someone else might already have asked it...).

So... if you did download the zip file, and found no manual in it, then you should notify Smirftsch about that, because it means the zip file is INCOMPLETE. However, since I got my Infiltration from Oldunreal as well, I know the manual/readme is there - or at least WAS - so that's why it strikes me as so totally impossible that you claim it missing and thus your inability at solving your problem on your own.

I am not a cranky person, indeed I am probably one of the most patient around. It's not that we don't want the forum active - HELL we LOVE everyone who actually goes to play this old game and even more so the mods of it! But is it really so difficult to scrutinize the available information sources before posting?

You got the mod zip and manual is missing? All right, someone from the admin staff download the zip and look inside. If it's really missing, then add it and reupload it. If no one here has the time I might just do it when I get home (I'm at work right now). But you should have stated exactly what sources you had (tried to) use(d) to solve your problem.

A post asking a question which is answered in the readme will ALWAYS get you the dreaded "RTFM" reply - and rightly so. So if you DID read the manual, but did not see the solution in it, YOU MUST POST THAT! You also have to post if you used the board search if anyone else had the same problem in the past. Only, and only if you clearly showed that you first got at the problem yourself, people like me (working 10 hard hours getting up at 4.35 AM getting home at 5 pm every day  and still working for the Unreal community in addition) will even consider giving a serious reply other than "read the manual"!
Last edited by TCP_Wolf on Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Indeed. The topicstarter should always be as clear as possible and explain the problem with as much relevant detail as possible and also mention what he/she already tried to solve it.

This means that just posting 'lazy' questions without trying to solve things yourself is not a good thing.

So, always start by using the fucking ;) search and reading the fucking ;) manual/readme.txt and also try to find answers at helpful webpages like Unreal Reference.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

You mean f-ucking search and f-ucking manual/readme.txt?

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

The topic starter is hereby fully excused!

My apologies  :-[

The manual is indeed in none of the zip files, and the one I have is from 2.85 (UT) not Unreal One, and it does NOT explain how to make the bind manually.

I googled the internet up and down and found the original site of Unreal One Infiltration long dead (Beyond Unreal link) as well as mirror files long being abandoned.

Therefore, to answer the question:
It shows you the ammo you have in your clip and the amount in reserve

clip / reserve

at least in HudMode 0... To reaload the gun MANUALLY, bind a key or a mouse button to this command:

Button bExtra1 | Button bExtra3

actually only ONE is needed, the other is for Serpentine, but I forgot which is which. It doesn't matter having both on the same key though - it is indeed quite useful if you play both mods.

You can also edit your User.ini and find entries like these

[Infiltration.INFIL_MalePlayer]
bAutoReload=True
bToggleAim=True

[Infiltration.INFIL_MalePlayer2]
bAutoReload=True
bToggleAim=True

[Infiltration.INFIL_FemalePlayer1]
bAutoReload=True
bToggleAim=True

... as you can see, I have set the players I ever played Infiltration with to auto-reload the gun if it is empty.

The options can be set in game too!

To access them, just open the in game menu (press escape in NON GOLD). If you have GOLD, you will get the UT style menu which is useless, in that case, bind another key to the command "showmenu" which is not ESCAPE. Then press it and you will get the OLD menu from before GOLD.

In that Old Menu, there should be Infiltration client options that allow you to bind the key to reload the guns and select if you want to auto reload them when empty.

Hope that helps.

========================================

I am outraged at the fact that this mod is offered without proper documentation! And I am even more upset about the fact that this didn't show up before! Anyone up to write a short doc at least to point out the most important weapons and binds? That wouldn't just be a good addition to the MOD page, but obviously, a direly needed one! Here's your chance to get some credits and make yourself immortal on Oldunreal... if you can write ;-)
Last edited by TCP_Wolf on Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

I am not too much into Infiltration, but in the downloads i have are some limited readme files.

http://www.celticwarriors.net/website/d ... ration.htm

But i do know nothing about the mod really, so i don't know which ones (readme's) , if any, are really usefull.

Maybe its usefull for someone...
ClAsSiFiEd
OldUnreal Member

Post by ClAsSiFiEd »

The topic starter is hereby fully excused!

My apologies  :-[

The manual is indeed in none of the zip files, and the one I have is from 2.85 (UT) not Unreal One, and it does NOT explain how to make the bind manually.

I googled the internet up and down and found the original site of Unreal One Infiltration long dead (Beyond Unreal link) as well as mirror files long being abandoned.

Therefore, to answer the question:
It shows you the ammo you have in your clip and the amount in reserve

clip / reserve

at least in HudMode 0... To reaload the gun MANUALLY, bind a key or a mouse button to this command:

Button bExtra1 | Button bExtra3

actually only ONE is needed, the other is for Serpentine, but I forgot which is which. It doesn't matter having both on the same key though - it is indeed quite useful if you play both mods.

You can also edit your User.ini and find entries like these

[Infiltration.INFIL_MalePlayer]
bAutoReload=True
bToggleAim=True

[Infiltration.INFIL_MalePlayer2]
bAutoReload=True
bToggleAim=True

[Infiltration.INFIL_FemalePlayer1]
bAutoReload=True
bToggleAim=True

... as you can see, I have set the players I ever played Infiltration with to auto-reload the gun if it is empty.

The options can be set in game too!

To access them, just open the in game menu (press escape in NON GOLD). If you have GOLD, you will get the UT style menu which is useless, in that case, bind another key to the command "showmenu" which is not ESCAPE. Then press it and you will get the OLD menu from before GOLD.

In that Old Menu, there should be Infiltration client options that allow you to bind the key to reload the guns and select if you want to auto reload them when empty.

Hope that helps.

========================================

I am outraged at the fact that this mod is offered without proper documentation! And I am even more upset about the fact that this didn't show up before! Anyone up to write a short doc at least to point out the most important weapons and binds? That wouldn't just be a good addition to the MOD page, but obviously, a direly needed one! Here's your chance to get some credits and make yourself immortal on Oldunreal... if you can write ;-)

THanks for the tip about the key binds, Wolf, it really helped.
Last edited by ClAsSiFiEd on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

Well, i could write the readme (I'm a good writer, as you all should know (And if anyone sais otherwise i'll slap them))...If i actually knew anything about INF!!!

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

You've already been beaten to it. The file I've been sent requires a lot more detailed information but it's looking very good. When I get home I will properly reply to that email and help finishing the file.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-

Return to “Infiltration-Board”