For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Old skoolrz invite

Anything related to the Infiltration-Mod
Cow
OldUnreal Member

Old skoolrz invite

Post by Cow »

Infiltration 2.65 for Unreal
TA will be hosting a night of old skool frag fest. This will be for all the old timers that have been around for 5+ years, so dust off those keyboards, oil those mice. We will be hosting on our server, and will also have a voice server set up. We will be trying to get a hold of the old maps and load them on the server, if anyone has one lying around with all the textures, you can send them to me at cow@cfl.rr.com and we will get them loaded. No date and time is set as of yet, as people respond, and we get a count, we will nail down a date. If everything flies well on this, we will make this a semi-annual event. So stop on by our site and leave a post, if you know of any old skoolrz out there, but they just haven’t played in awhile, send them an email and tell them about this event.

Hope to see some of you old farts soon, if not at the event, at least a stop by our website.

Peace
Cow
www.teamasylum.net
Last edited by Cow on Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death is only the beginning
Shambler
OldUnreal Member

Re: Old skoolrz invite

Post by Shambler »

I'll try be there of course :) I can't guarantee it seeing as I've been away so much recently but I'll definetly try to be there.

You should make a post on the Infiltration forums about this: http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net/
Cow
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cow »

I will post there, thanks for the link. As more people reply, we will get a date and time set. Updates will be made at our website as the information comes in.
TAGraveDigga
OldUnreal Member

Post by TAGraveDigga »

Wassup Shsmbler.... i dont know if Dennis got ahold of you... but i need you to update our INF server to that of SA's server.... same ICD.... Score recovery.... and just genral setup..... hell copy over the INI's and swap the passwords =) .... ill be on ICQ pretty much all day..
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Old-schoolers only.... I am not invited then ???
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Cow
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cow »

I was going to make it for the ones that have been around since '98, but I figured that five years would be going back far enough to get some of these oldtimers out of their rocking chairs and back online. We are hoping that this will start that fire in their blood again and get the inf community back to where it was. I remember the days where you had to monitor the servers just so you could jump in real quick when someone left, sadly, it is not like that anymore. Hopefully with this and with all the hard work that Shambler and others have been doing, we can get this booming again and make it enjoyable for any noobs that want to start playing. Sadly to many asses have ruined the game with all the cheats and abused keybindings, but as long as Shambler stays interested int his community, hopefully we can stay on step ahead of these people. So to help out, contact some of the the oldtimers and tell them about this event, and if you notice anything weird going on with the servers, take a screen shot if you can and let Shambler know, the more info that he gets, the better defense we can have against these people that are just out for a score, not for the fun.
Sorry Shambler, hope this doesn't flood you with useless info, but I figure if you get as much info as possible, the better your scripts will become.
Thanks for all your hard work and time that you have given to this community.

Peace
StalwartUK

Post by StalwartUK »

Old-schoolers only.... I am not invited then ???
Lol, I thought you were an old-schooler :P.

Well I started playing Unreal in 2000/2001 but I only started playing it alot in like 2002 when I got internet access :P (I started playing the UT demo in like 1999 and played that for a while before getting the full version :P).
Shambler
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shambler »

*snip*
I count the word 'Shambler' in there at least four times, lol. :P

As far as cheats go, not really much point in sending me info cause the only hard evidence can be gained from a new protection (been working on it a while but I haven't got the time to finish it atm), the games still got a fair bit of life left in it.
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Lol, I thought you were an old-schooler :P.
Nah I started playing around late 2002. The only reason people know my name (if they do - not that I cared much lol) is for programs and mods I wrote for the community's benefit. Maybe if I hadn't met with the best clan there's left in Unreal I would be just another arsehole though who knows ;D
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
LorddogDn

Post by LorddogDn »

So Did i miss this or?....

[C]smokedham
OldUnreal Member

Post by [C]smokedham »

shit i minus well join dis since im related 2 an oldskoola
my bro bought dis game n 98 n a bundle pak wit a voodoo3 3000 card which im still usin ha.but ive only actually started playin like 19-20 months ago but i used 2 watch him pwn n da old days b4 he went 2 da army

o cow imma bomb altamonte lol jk
Cow
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cow »

Now that we have a server up and running again. I will get with Grave and start getting this set up.
Junglist
OldUnreal Member

Post by Junglist »

Too bad I missed this one...

This not having my computer running nonsense really stinks. :'(

In the next couple months I'll be returning to INF with a new machine. Get your practice on while you can. ;D

Return to “Infiltration-Board”