For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Infiltration300

Anything related to the Infiltration-Mod
Jâçkrâßßit

Infiltration300

Post by Jâçkrâßßit »

Okay, I have spoke to the leader of the URP Project Diehard about doing this (mostly for the S3TC project). What I am attempting to do, is make a version of infiltration that has a separate "infiltration.utx" that is included with the gametype. This way, when Diehard creates "HI-RES" version of infiltration.utx, it can use that package instead of trying to link with the .u (not yet implemented for URP).

Basically, this way, all server admins could update their servers so the clients could use the HI-RES version of the inf weapons/scoreboard/HUD.

Give me feedback (especially if you don't want me to go any further)

I'm already about 60% done this project.
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Re: Infiltration300

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Regarding the HUD/Scoreboard texture replacements... Have you checked if this works with mods too? I wouldn't know of a single server that runs original Inf.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Jâçkrâßßit

Post by Jâçkrâßßit »

ah, I think I can do this properly with some code hacks. I know it would seem difficult to do this normally, but I think it is possible to use "DYNLODOBJ" (dynamic load object) or something along that lines in the code to point to the .utx file in the code.

I have to do more investigation on this, maybe some scripters have some opinions about this?
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Regarding the HUD/Scoreboard texture replacements... Have you checked if this works with mods too? I wouldn't know of a single server that runs original Inf.

I have done limited work on the 2.65 version. Which i asume was the last version and used by current servers.

But never checked for real :P

As for if it works, i asume it will, i see no reason why the HUD textures shouldnt work. Its after all a simple texture replacement and nothing else on top of it. Only problem is, the current Mergertool cannot handle .u files, its needs be seperated into a .u and utx.
Jâçkrâßßit

Post by Jâçkrâßßit »

yes, yes, I've heard from multiple sources that it CAN be done using DYNLODOBJ. Pcube might be able to help me out a little, when he decides to unban me from his life.

Return to “Infiltration-Board”